Many face the seizures attack but most of them do not realize it until it is diagnosed by the doctor. Seizures happen suddenly and it is an electrical disturbance in the mind of a person. If a person gets a seizure attack more than two times in twenty-four hours then it is called epilepsy. The seizure attack is very common in humans and it may happen after a heart stroke or head injury. Many times the doctors may not diagnose the reason for the seizures attack. Seer Medical is the diagnostic center that can be trusted for the investigation of seizures. There are many types of seizures and the main difference between the types of seizures is that from where it has started and how much it has spread.
Let us learn about them in brief
- Focal seizures with impaired awareness: In this type of seizure attack the person loses consciousness and they do the same thing again and again like rubbing their hands, moving in a circle, speaking the same things, etc. The person will not remember what he has been doing when they have a seizure attack.
- Focal seizures without loss of consciousness: In this type of seizure attack the person will not be losing consciousness but they may feel the change in the way they talk, smell, taste, feel, etc. The persons may feel different feelings within sometime like they may get angry and next moment they will be happy. The seizure can also make jerks feel in the body and can also feel dizziness.
- Absence seizures: This type of seizure is mainly seen in children. They may just stare at the space or blink their eyes. This can happen for a very less period but may be repeated many times in a day. Few children may not be even aware of what has happened.
- Tonic seizures: This type of seizure attacks the person’s muscles. They cause stiffness in the neck, arms, and leg muscles and there are chances where the person can become unconscious and fall.
- Atonic seizures: These seizures will cause uncontrolled muscles due to this the person can fall suddenly and may also drop his head.
- Clonic seizures: These types of seizures will affect both sides of the body of the face, neck, and arms by repeated muscle movement.
- Myoclonic seizures: In this type of seizure the person will not lose consciousness but feel small jerks in the legs and arms.
It is advisable to visit the doctor if you are facing any of the above symptoms. Hope this information is useful.