Being fit is not only limited to the physical body, but it also transcends tothe mind. It is because every time you work out, yourbrain isalso being exercised. As gym enthusiasts say,“Fitness is more than a physical challenge; it is a mental one.” You are not only strengthening your body, but you are also breaking mental barriers by going beyond what you are capable ofby constantly challenging yourself to hit a new mark.Hence, fitness refers to the overall ability of a person to optimally execute daily activities with strength and endurance along with stress and disease management.
5 Components of Fitness
Every exercise has a different focus depending on what aspect you want to enhance. It may be a weakness or a strength that you want to fortify. Below are the 5 common components of fitness that you need to maintain to achieve a healthy mind and body.
- Body composition refers to maintaining the normal amount of muscles, water, and fat in the body with respect to the body’s mass and height.
- Cardiorespiratory fitness refers to the overall ability of the circulatory and respiratory systems to sustain the bodyduring physical activity.
- Flexibility refers to the ability of the joints to do a wide range of motions smoothly.
- Muscular endurance refers to the stamina of the muscles to exert force over a long period during an exercise.
- Muscular strength refers to the amount of force input against resistance like weights.
Each of these components has its corresponding set of exercises to enhance the target physical attributes.
Benefits of Regular Exercises
Exercising regularly has the following benefits towards the body, mind, and soul of a person:
- It boosts the mood and relieves stressby releasing feel-good chemicals like dopamine and endorphin.
- It enhances the cognitive memory ofadults.
- It improves the quality of sleep and prevents insomnia.
- It reduces the risk ofdeveloping cardiovascular-related diseases.
- It strengthens the bones and muscles as it encourages muscle growth and calcium absorption.
- It aids the body in the detoxification process by releasing toxins through sweating.
Benefits of Group Fitness
It is also beneficial to exercise in groups because it gives you the following:
- Working out in a group motivates you to stay committed to your fitness goals.
- Prevents you from incurring injury since the instructors are there to guide you about the proper execution, especially on yoga fitness.
- It a new way to make new friends.
- The studio has complete gym and yoga facilities that you can use to effectively hit the target muscles.
Getting fit alone can strengthen your core, but having new friends around intensifies it. Hence, it is a Core Plus where your body meets your mind.