Although we have already rated the risk of opening a marijuana dispensary as minimal, you can still lose everything you own due to asset forfeiture and spend a lot of time in prison if you are harassed.
Many people have been in this business for a long time and have never been arrested. The IRS is more likely to shut you down due to tax issues than if the DEA comes in and disconnects you.
Should I say it? Talk to a good attorney before you begin. Make sure you know what you are doing and have a carefully thought out plan to deal with the risks.
Assess the local situation
Assess attitudes toward legal dispensaries in your chosen community.
- Have others tried opening pharmacies in your area before? If so, what happened?
- How do the local police react to dispensaries?
- Has the problem been raised with the supervisory board of your city or local district? What happened?
- If someone logged out, why did they log out?
Learn from other people’s mistakes. If others have tried opening dispensaries in your area and failed, find out why. Learn to fly under the radar by finding an Online Weed Stores. Don’t do things that make other people uncomfortable.
Your chances of being arrested and prosecuted depend on several factors:
- How careful are you in your behavior? Are you telling all your friends about your wonderful new dispensary? Do you sell someone who is coming? Do you leave incriminating evidence where others can easily observe it?
- What do the local police think of the dispensaries? If they don’t like dispensaries, they often have no problem calling the DEA to arrest people they don’t like.
- How big is your operation? The DEA and local police have limited resources. You can expect the biggest fish in the pond to be the last target.
Randomness and bad luck. The people were arrested due to a short circuit in a simple common electrical appliance and a fire that set off firefighters, who called the police, who called the DEA. Even if you do well (or as well as you can), there is always the chance that some strange event will happen and the DEA will show up on your doorstep.
Become a patient
Aspiring marijuana entrepreneurs starting a legal Just Cannabis Store must meet one very important condition before opening a pharmacy: they must be legal patients in the state where they want to work. If you want to distribute legally, you must obtain it legally, which means your doctor must prescribe medical marijuana.
That is how:
- Get a copy of your medical records for the last 3 years. You need 3 documented visits showing your qualification status.
- Consult your local marijuana doctor. Google “cannabis doctor + your city” to find out where
- Get a recommendation at the clinic.